SRM Comms led

clementaliu

I have tried reboot the SRM module and it goes through the self boot test successfully on both cahssis but the comms led refuses to come on the SRM configuration tool in RSlinx does not enable the option of Syncronize secondary, only become primary and i am running a live plant. Anybody what can i do. The Ok Led is solid green.

I am not at work so this is off the top of my head.

Make sure the keyswitches for both racks are in Remote Run.

Set the SRM to always sychronize.

Verify that the fibre connections are plugged in.

Turn the power off to the rack that is disqualified.

After a couple of minutes turn the disqualified rack back on. It should synchronize.

Once it starts synchronizing there is a window that will give status as it progresses.

RSL

Both PLCs are in remote run now and the fibre is connected to both SRM. i have recycled power on disqualified chassis and still have the same problem. I want to try replacing the SRM on the Secondary rack because on the SRM configuration tool in RSlinx i have incompatable under the Synchronisation status tab. I am finding difficult that the problem will just occur after running the same system for over 2 and 1/2 years. And the LEDs on the SRM are solid green, the Primary SRM has the Primary LED solid green while the secondary SRM the LED is off. The Comm LED for both SRM is off also.

If the status says incompatible then it will NOT synchronize. It is telling you that the disqualified rack is NOT identical to the primary rack. This can be firmware, a loose Controlnet cable, an Ethernet cable, a bad or faulted module. There are several possibilities.

You need to check all the CNB's and there connections. If one of them has failed or is faulted it will disqualify it. You should be able to read the displays on the cards and or browse them in Linx.

If you have replaced a card recently it MUST be falshed to the same firmware level as the others in the system. This can be verified with Linx also.

I am guessing this is version 8.5x ? based on the time frame. If it is 11 or 13 and has ENBT's in the rack check them too.

Go online with the disqualified controller. This can be done by browsing to it in Linx. It will let you go online with the disqualified controller. Check it for faults too.

You can also remove the disqualified processor and pull it's battery. Wait several minutes then re-install. Sometimes this will get it to re-qualify.

Please post what you find. I am curious what you find.

RSL

I have replaced the SRM module on the secondary Chassis and it is fine now i can now synchronise both processors.

Thanks alot to everyone.