A timer visualization

SICANOCA

Hello.

If anyone knows how can i visualize a timer in order of minutes and seconds(or whatever it could be possible) in a touch panel TP170A.
How should i configure the timer if i want to write the time from the TP, and how can i visualiza the countdown.

Please. Help.

Last edited:
Are you using the IEC timers (e.g. SFB4 TON) or the regular Simatic timers? I only use the former, and the timebase is always in ms (32-bit). Move the accumulated time into an DINT and display using a bar control. That way the operator can see at a glance the rate the countdown is moving, roughly how long it has to go, and how far the timer has progressed. I'd advise agaginst using clock hands!

maybe it's simplier tu just put self-restarting timer and (MAX_N sub COUNTER_TICKS) in desired resoution ? or ticks can be generated from CLOCK MEMORY ... or particular OB like 32/35 ... but it depend on precision you need ?