Cimplicity via AB SLC 05

ericsul

Hello
I need to communicate with cimplicity HMI 6.1 with a PLC AB SLC 05 via ethernet network. what is the best way without using RS linx or other expensive software. if no way what I should do for the best results. If anybody can help me I will be glad to hear.
Thanks in advanec

When you start a new project under Cimplicity, the available protocols are listed alphabetically. With my license, the very first one is "AB Ethernet". If yours doesn't show it, it probably means that you didn't install the driver when you installed Cimplicity on your computer. Either that or or you have to purchase a seperate license for it.

Steve Bailey said:
When you start a new project under Cimplicity, the available protocols are listed alphabetically. With my license, the very first one is "AB Ethernet". If yours doesn't show it, it probably means that you didn't install the driver when you installed Cimplicity on your computer. Either that or or you have to purchase a seperate license for it.
Thanks you Steve!
Of course I know that i need to activate this driver however the HMI could not directly get information from the PLC AB SLC 05 without installing on the same computer the cimplicity is installed the RS LINX classic software
thanks

I am doing this right now and even though you are using the AB Ethernet from Cimplicity, you still need RSLinx. When you set up the device, where the address is instead of putting the IP, you have to put this funky path in. An example is:
AB_ETH-1, AB:LOCAL, 2

Where:
AB_ETH-1 is the name of the ethernet driver in RSLinx (this name is default linx assigns but you may have named yours differently)
AB:LOCAL is required exactly how I show unless you are doing something weird with gateways I believe.
2 is the station number where you entered the IP address of the PLC in the ethernet driver config in Linx. If you entered the PLC IP as station 5, put a 5 here.

Hello jeffdc54!
Thanks you for the advice, little late, two months ago I finish this application the same that you submitt. I knowed from the begining however I wanted to avoid the expensive fee of the RSlinx software 700 Euros.not justified and I wanted to work with the OPC server. I didn't succeded to connect via opc client trough a Wonderware DASERVER installed on site. I spend lot of time to try.So I'm decided to buy the RSlink and to work directly to the remote PLC.
Best regards and thanks you
ERIC