PLC related...ok, maybe stretching it a bit.

waggs

Although not completely PLC related I figured it was close enough. I only do this here because I'm not sure how many employers actually look at the classifieds for employees here on The Forum. Just want to say that I've posted for employment in the classifieds and any other discussions about that can and will be outside of here. Bear with me fellas...I'm looking for work. Thanks.

Waggs

Dave,

Not sure what your specialty is, but here in SW Wisconsin there are Maintenance Tech jobs all over. I also don't know what kind of comp. package you're looking for, but you might want to take a look. Also, if you're a degreed engineer with good qualifications, there are temp engineering positions always available in the Green Bay area. Maybe take a look at the Wisconsin Jobnet. I'm not sure what the website is exactly, but search yahoo and you should find it quickly. Good luck.

Russ

Thanks for replys guys!!!

Russ,
Would be willing to look into Wisconsin...love the place. I've done quite a bit of time in the Appleton area doing machine installs. There are many Maint Tech jobs here in Mich, but the pay scale is nickle/dime (by my standards). Not having a degree alot of my education is OJT and classroom at the CC level. Yes Alaric, relocation is definately an option. Oldest graduates HS this year and other 2 are ready to move. Thanks again for the responses guys...a great group indeed.

Bob...aka: Waggs

Well, this forum comes through...AGAIN. After posting to the classifieds I had an email within a week's time. After talking it over with the boss...aka...wife, I fired off a resume and after another week got a phone call asking if I would be interested in meeting with them to discuss the open position. Wife and I met the fellas at a convention dealing with the industry and all parties were suitably impressed. Now the next step is ironing out the details of salary, etc. and going to California to get a look at what they do. Cross country move that has the family pretty excited is next. Now what thread was that that dealt with pay scale for a programmer/controls tech? Will keep you all posted. Thanks again for the support guys.

Waggs

Congrats, Waggs! I'm also looking for something else. I may post in the classifieds also, there isn't a large market for PLC technicians where I live.