Different Ethernet functions

orense

Hello everybody!

I have set up two different ethernet connections between two plc,s.

One of the connections is with a Siemens CPU 315-2 DP with a CP 343-1 card. It is connected to a CPU 315-2 DP with a CP 343-1 Lean card.
With this connection I use FB 14 and FB 15. Those are PUT and GET. I use these in the CPU with the CP 343-1 card. I only have to program in that CPU.
I am using s7 connection here...
It is working properly.

The other connection is the same CPU,s, only difference is that I now use CP 343-1 Lean cards in both ends.
Then I have to program using FC5 AG_Send and FC6 AG_Receive in both ends.
I am using ISO on TCP connection here...
It is also working properly.

My question is this:

Does anybody have any suggestions on which solution is the best??
The Lean card is cheaper in price....
Does anybody know if these solutions have different limitations, like maximum amount of bytes to be sent, speed etc......??
Does anybody know if there are big differences in using s7 connection compared to the other one??

If anybody knows I would appreciate it if you would let med know:)

regards Orense

orense said:
Does anybody have any suggestions on which solution is the best??
The Lean card is cheaper in price....

In my opinion, the best solution is the one that does everything that you want it to do with the least amount of programming.

There is a difference in the amount of data that can be sent, I don't have details to hand, so I can't offer anymore on that.

Paul

I think Put and Get are limited to 240 bytes. FC50 & 60 or (5&6) are limited to 8196. Not much to think about. I've never used the LEAN version. I haven't had a problem with the full blown unit.