1747-m11

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
What will get backed by this device.

For instance, will the end-user be able to replace a faulty CPU and just switch the mem. and power the system back up?

Will it save also the Data table?

Can they also switch from a 5/03 to a 5/04 and get back in production?

My client has a lot of 5/04 in stock but a few system are equiped with /03s.

He asked if we could install those memory modules and when he has failure he would install the /04.

Whatever is in the program when saved will be there until you save to it again. What values are used for timer presets etc will be saved.
You can plug these optional EEPROM (Electrically Erasable

Programmable Read Only Memory) memory modules into the SLC 500 controller. With a memory module, you can:

save the contents of the processor RAM for storage purposes

load the contents of the EEPROM memory into the processor RAM

Chapter 2 Page 22.
I do not have alot of experience either with memory modules for the SLC, so offered what I could in hopes Ken, mgvol, or one of the AB guys see it to respond.

Last edited:
Pierre said:
Good info but I read it and did not find if it will burn the settings of timers and counters, and N files data values.

Yes the timer and counter values will be saved to eeprom (if you mean the presets? .PRE that are in the ladder) If the .PRE's are change by an HMI then No these wont be saved if you see what i mean ?

As for the N files then whatever is the status of your OffLine N files will be burned to the EEProm. I can double check this tomorrow if you want?

Oh and as far as i know you will need a seperate eeprom for the 5/04 and 5/03 as i dont think plugging in a 5/04 to a 5/03 processor (&vice versa) will run, you'll probably get a fault light!

Last edited: