need advice

santykadam

I have siemens micromaster 440 drive connected with siemens s7 plc through rss 485 communication and the drive is faulty and spare is not available right now ,is it possible to configure the eurotherm 590 ac drive with siemens s7

To anser your question one would need to know:

1) What communications protocol was being used between the PLC and the VFD? (Profibus, maybe?)

2) Is that protocol available on the Eurotherm VFD?

Even if the two are compatible, you would undoubtedly have to change the PLC program so the correct VFD registers are being accessed.

Finally, if you have the correct analog and discrete I/O channels available on the PLC it would be possible to revise the program to control the VFD with hard-wired I/O.

thanx for the reply Tom , but i dont have any analogue output on the plc and the problem is this machine came with the preconfigured control system and i may to contact the eurotherm technician