How many connections?

orense

Hello!

I have set up an ethernet connetction, using fc5 and fc6 (AG_send & AG_receive).
I use cpu 315-2 DP and 341-1 lean cards in both ends.
I want to send data from 4 different DB,s. One DB from one plc to the other, and the 3 other DB,s back to the same plc.

PLC 1 : 1 db ----------------------> PLC 2

PLC 1 : 3 db,s <-------------------- PLC 2

My question is this:

How many connections do I have to set up in NETPRO. When I set up one connection, it does not work properly.

I use FC send three times in one plc, and FC receive once. In the other plc, it is ofcourse the opposite.

Do I need one connection for each time I use fc5 and fc6, which then means for each db????

Thank you for answers :)

Hi orense.

"I use FC send three times in one plc, and FC receive once. In the other plc, it is ofcourse the opposite."
I see your problem. With Send/receive you cannot specify where to store the data.
You could use 3 connections.
Or you could consider to let the recieve data position to be an intermediary buffer.From the buffer you store the data in its final target memory position. You could let the target DB be a number in the data that is being sent.

Alternatively, consider to use PUT/GET in stead of SEND/RECEIVE.
With PUT you can specify where to store the data in the target PLC.