ISO on tcp RFC1006

surfzoid

Hi every body, i have already wtite in VB Dotnet a programme to comunicate with a TSX in modbusip, only because i found on the web the documentation of the protocole where each frame, each function are descibe.
Now i try to communicate with a S7-200 with ethernet card and in future with a S7-300 and 400 always by ethernet, but after few day i try to find a good documentation for the protocol ISO on tcp RFC1006, i find nothing, the best way at this time is the "libnodave" but i preferre write evrything, so somebody know where or how i can find a documentation like the modbusip one

I 'm not sure to understand corectly, you try to make to buy something or you are agréa for give me the description of siemens frames, with the corect code function ?

Thx Bratt, but in fact it isn't really that, if you have a look at the www.modbus.org site you can find 2 pdf who explain the modbus frame (Serial) and The mba (tcp header) were the modbus frame is encapsuled, at finaly for communication with PLC you send or receive something like this :
MBA :
byteArray(0) = 15
byteArray(1) = 1
byteArray(2) = 0
byteArray(3) = 0
byteArray(4) = 0
byteArray(5) = 6
byteArray(6) = 1
Modbus frame :
byteArray(7) = 3
byteArray(8) = StartHigh
byteArray(9) = StartLow
byteArray(10) = LengthHigh
byteArray(11) = LengthLow
And so i try to find the same documentation to communicate with a siemens PLC and i think the best and easy way is to use Ethernet(Industrial ethernet, iso on top of tcp ......) i'm not make realy my chose for today

I am not sure But ....

Dear surfzoid,

I am not sure if you will get the application layer details from Siemens or the frame structure, correct me if i am wrong !!

I guess they provide you with "api" functions that you can use, call and pass parameters to them in your application.

You should ask for the API and dll files from them !! They provide you with that I hope so, I read it somewhere. I am no programmer to really take and use this but i do keep a tab, for foolish reasons.

----
Sorry again, if this does not carry any meaning !!

Regards
---------

Do you know if it s possible to use the dll or api you ask freely, and use it in a commercial software withou the obligation to buy something at siemens for each time somebody buy my commercial software ?

Sorry Not so sure !

I saw something about this in their CD for Networking Software Long BACK !!
About "Licensing", you may really have to ask a Sales man from Siemens, I did not read any restriction of such type mentioned there !!

Sorry, may be next time when I meet them I could ask them !!

I am not as smart as you are to develop such Programs so I really did not bother them with this question. I tried once on a Prop Ethernet, working with Protocol Analyzer. It was not Good for me and my age !!

Regards
------------

RolfB said:
That seems to use the FETCH/WRITE-Protocol, which was also used with the S5 PLCs and is described somewhere in the Siemens manual collection.

The S7-Protocol, which is used by libnodave, is much more flexible and doesn't require any special configuration in the PLC-project, but is a secret of Siemens, thus there is no (official) documentation available anywhere in the web.

Best regards
Axel

hi Bratt
i'm not able to open the link in you message.
I want informations about RFC 1006 protocol and i hope you have the solution

Thanks

Paulus

siemens over rfc1006

Hi!
First of all let us clarify the subject!

The RFC1006 (ISO-on-TCP) packet is very simple
- header (version + packet length)
- user data.

The user data is once more a packet - described in RFC983 - with structure:
- header
- data

The data can be one of the following:
a. service data (acknowledgement, negotiation)
b. PLC data packet/telegram

Now the PLC telegram.

For Siemens/VIPA a found 2 protocols:

1. "Fetch/Write" protocol. Signature - "S5". Description can be found at Siemens home page. Code example - see link in this thread (cern...). Seems to be the "child" of Siemens 3964(R).

2. Something without name. Structure:
- header - signature "0x32"
- user data
User data is anyway a packet:
- header - signature "0x12, 0x0A"
- S7 command, data.
The code can be found at libnodave. And only one description - in the comments in the source code.

Now is my question:
Where to find the full description of the second protocol? (at libnodave some fields marked as unknown). The error codes? Or at least what is the name of this thing!!!!

Regards,
YaN.

YaN said:
Now is my question:
Where to find the full description of the second protocol? (at libnodave some fields marked as unknown). The error codes? Or at least what is the name of this thing!!!!
The second protocol is called something like "S7-protocol" or "S7-communication", and there is no official description of this protocol, because it seems to be a big secret of Siemens. The most complete, available, but unofficial description of this protocol that I know are the comments and the documentation of libnodave.

Axel