Integration of Barcode Scanner (Microscan 880) with Control Logix Processor

Rajendra_Raja

In one of my project I need to integrate Bar code Scanner (Model: MS 880, Supplied by Microscan) with Control Logix Processor using Ethernet Network (1756-ENBT Module).

I need information about RSLogix software and Bar code scanner software configuration.

May be profibus

Not sure if you can link this scanner over ethernet of Control Logix.

May be using Profibus interface you can.

--
Arc

I am very familiar with the DH+ and DeviceNet interfaces to the MS-880, but I have not used the Ethernet interface. Although the website says it includes an Ethernet interface, I did not find a User Manual that describes it.

Call or e-mail MicroScan and talk to their technical support; I know those gentlemen personally and they will be able to help you out.

Ethernet/IP to Microscan bar code scanner

We manufacture an easy to use, reasonably priced product called DeviceMaster UP, which facilitates the exact connection you appear to be needing. Literally configures within minutes and communicates with any of the AB PLC's.

Contact me directly if you might be interested in additional details.