S7-200 Programming-Timer in Subroutine, possible??

stevenPLC

Hi all brother genius..

Anyone using Siemens S7-200 PLC? I'm using it for the first time, with CPU226, and using MicroWin4.0 for programming.

Are we able to put Timer in the Subroutine and call that Subroutine for use more than once, like what we have the Multi SFB TON in S7-Simatic?

If not Timer, is there any other way to do so to have the similar Timer function in the Subroutine?

Timers are not possible in subroutines of a S7-200 system!
That's, as mentioned by 504bloke and ilhem, not true. You can indeed use timers in subroutines. But it is impossible to use timers as parameters for subroutines, which I believe is what jacquesv was trying to say.

If you search the STEP7 MicroWIN online help you'll find in the chapter 'Subroutine' which parametertypes are allowed: BOOL, BYTE, WORD, DWORD, INT, DINT, REAL and STRING.

Using timers as parameters to subroutines is only possible in S7-300/400, which are completely different PLCs compared to S7-200.

Kind regards,

Last edited: