Advise on wiring analog module

ckchew666

Hi,

I'm wiring an analog input module (8 channels), the card is from Yokogawa (refer to attachment), does anyone know where should I terminate the AG & SHIELD? If not mistaken both can be shorted to ground?

For unuse analog input module should the chnl + & - point be shorted together? I see a lot of panels doing this, not sure what's the main purpose?

Please advise. Thanks.

According to your pdf

Shield - Terminal 9
AG - Terminal 10

These are internally connected to the ground of the psu module (again according to your pdf)

504bloke said:
According to your pdf

Shield - Terminal 9
AG - Terminal 10

These are internally connected to the ground of the psu module (again according to your pdf)

So, I should pull a cable from terminal 9 into the ground of the panel, am i right?

But for terminal 10? where should this cable heading to?