More than one Interrupts on SLC5/04?

lostpatrol1

Hello all,

I'm using a SLC5/04 and is currently using the DII for one input. I have a need for another interrupt. Question is can I have more than one interrupts on a SLC5/04 and if yes, how would one go about doing it?

TIA!

If the 4 is set up like a 5/05, it's relatively easy. I know on the 5 you can have up to eight interrupts - they all have to come in in the same input address. Check out the 'help' box on the interrupt tab in the processor status section. Also, download the instruction set reference - there's a lot of info, with examples, on the interrupt system in there.

You will have to add some handling logic in the interrupt routine to work out which input got you there and then execute the appropriate code.

You can only have one DII routine, but you can trigger it off of up to 8 bits (bits 0 through 7) of the input slot/module you monitor for DII.

If you want to trigger off of interrupts from different modules, you need to re-assign your I/O.