Why We should give up A_B and Siemens??

Shawn

I switched my PLC from A-B in my projects to an Asian PLC.

Think about it, as a PLC man, we need on-line edit fuction,more useful instructions,1ms timer,easy to connect with other device,more easy to do servo and stepping control, sometimes a free copy Software(Not illegal copy).

Almost of the function above mentioned, A-B or Siemens will ask you for more money ,money,money to do this. I agree that A-B and Siemens's PLC are the best and most powerful PLC in the world,but for me ,a packagine machine maker, maybe I use them in a Neuclear Project only.

People tend to be as passionate about their favorite brand of PLC as they are about their favorite NASCAR driver, football club, or brand of beer. Decisions to switch affiliations are not made as a result of a rational, dispassionate examination of the pros and cons. In short, don't expect to change anybody's mind.

Shawn said:
I switched my PLC from A-B in my projects to an Asian PLC.

Well, Shawn, I reckon you is goin' to have to be more specific afore I goes to an Asian manufacture PLC and gives up my true blue made in the US of A PLC like General Electric/Fanuc (oops!)

Like AutomationDirect/Koyo (oops!)

Like Texas Instruments/Siemens (oops!)

Like Allen Bradley (oops!)

Like Omron (oops!)

Like Modicon/Telemechnique/Groupe Schneider (oops!)

Come t' think of it, can you tell me of a totally true blue made in the US of A PLC I kin buy?

I reckon whut you-all really meant was a low cost non-major brand PLC.

Just for share

Think about the DATA compare instruction, in Siemens and A-B you have to make a function block. but in some asian plc, you even can use [> D100 K120] as a normal open contact.

G'day mate!

I am currently doing a bit of work with Yotota, you know who I'm talking about! OH what a Feering, Yotota!

Anyway I have been dealing with H series Hitachi PLC's lately and I am wondering what people think of these PLC's? They com with the touch panels through 1 or boh of the serial ports, multiple plc's talk to each other through the proffi bus and almost every platform now has a dedicated computer so a laptop is not required. Online editing is a big bonus and they have a site wide lisence (cost??) Instruction set is good but I will have to check on the timers, etc. You do not see much mention of the Hitatchi on this site, but they seem pretty good to me. The dedicated computers make fault finding a brease! Lokk forward to your comments.

Cheers, Richard.

I won't tell which PLC I'm using because

I'm not here for commercial,I'm here just want share something with all people here.

Share whatever you like.

That's fine, but in almost every single job I've done, whether for an OEM, or in-house for my present employer, the hardware cost of **ANY** PLC is miniscule compared to the engineering costs (drawings), programming costs (time), installation costs (mechanical and electrical), and debugging costs.

Since the actual 'Cost' to me is so little for the hardware (and even the software), I'll stick to something that can do any task I throw at it, is easy to program, easy to debug, and easy to maintain.

akreel said:
Well, now we know which Asian PLC you're talking about. No surprise here.

It seems to be a favored brand among OEMs, such as yourself.

No surprise and yes it's favoured...

shawn said:
a free copy Software(Not illegal copy).

How is it free?

Ken Roach said:
You do nuclear packaging?

Why? Guys from atomic energy say no AB for nukulars...
Is it true? AB will not do hazardous?

504bloke said:
Im passionate about AB............

Sometimes i love em, other times i hate them!

so true... (y)

Last edited: