pressure calibration instrument

bradal

Hey,

Not directly dealing with PLCs but......

I need a good pressure set-up tool, I have heard them called puffers etc. Basically they're used to set-up pressure switches and calibrate transmitters. I think endress makes one but cannot find it. I don't need anything extremely accurate so $500 or so would be appropriate. Thanks in advance.

Druck or Meri-cal

For our pressure calibration we currently use a Meri-cal unit, I think the model is a DP200 or something like that. I am certain they make them for different ranges and accuracy. The unit we have requires the use of an external bellows pump. We just purchased a new Druck tester which will create pressures and vacuum and give a readout all in one unit, but I have not used it yet. I would check both of these manufacturers websites. I'm sure there's other good stuff available on the market.

Russ

You don't have too many options for $500. What pressure range? If low pressure, look at the style like they use for blood pressure. If higher pressure, look at a hand piston pump. In either case use a precision gauge, the higher the precision, the higher the cost of the gauge.
George

The Druck units are very good but somewhat pricey.
That is because they are also one of the most accurate you can buy.

If you want to calibrate instruments then you do need some sort of accuracy usually the calibrator should be at least 4x more accurate then the transmitter you are setting up. If you are just setting up pressure switches, then yes not much accuracy is needed.

Accuracy is what will define what you need and how much it costs.

Transcat is a good source for a wide variety of calibrators.

I don't have any idea of the cost....but I have a GE DPI-802 pressure loop calibrator and a PV211 also made by GE and I love it...you can do all kinds of stuff with it, I got mine from Statesville Process Instruments out of NC, they have good prices and they have a good line