Event Message with DL205

brucee

I am using a Direct Logic 205 and want to send a message to a control PC when the states change on the PLC, i.e I'd like an event message to be sent instead of continually polling the PLC for any changes. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Yes

Configure the serial port to use Modbus. Use TX command to send the message. The PC must be configured as a Modbus slave. This may be problem as most PC modbus programs assume the PC will be the master and poll. I know there are publics domain drivers that will allow you to use the PC as a Modbus slave.

Similar Topics

From the Red Lion website, after some customer enquiries in the last week or so... Rev. March 25, 2024 [18:30] Just thought it might help a...
Replies
Views
This may be something obvious that I could learn if I sat down to understand the topic in detail with tutorials and manuals. But sometimes it's...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have two PC with the FT SE local application and the same project. The one PC is wrong about alarm and event log. When I open the...
Replies
Views
Kindly, we are having a problem on a machine during night shifts, while no engineering tool is online. So, we were thinking of programming some...
Replies
Views
I have a issue with my alarm summary/banner where it losses connection to the Alarm Server. It's kind of weird because when I click on the server...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom