Slc 5/05

Jezz

Hi we have a SLC 5/05 set up with passthru setup to a DH485 network now all was working fine ( we are using it to gather data from the plant ) but a couple of weeks ago we starte dgettin gaps in the data which have got steadly worse ,the only cure for this is to switch off and restart the 5/05 but this only cures the problem for a few days then it starts to get worse again ,any one got any ideas what could be going wrong??

I've been away for the weekend having just reset the SLC5/05 on Friday now it's losing data again ,it only stayed ok for 10 hrs this time.

Any ideas anyone?

If I connect to the DH485 net work directly I don't get any disconections un like when I use the pass thru on the 5/05 having said that I never connect to the 5/05 via DH485 so there could be a fault on that cable.....

Always worth checking (but I haven't as it's worked fine for 3 months).I'll go and check it now.