Forgot the JSR

allscott

I'm kind of bored and just wonderering how many people and how often you have done this? I've done it more times than I can think of and it still catches me everytime.

Added a ladder file in an AB PLC or a FB in a S7 and forgot to jump to it. "I don't understand the logic is true and the output isn't coming on !!!!!"

I hope I'm not the only dumb one.

I bet if a poll was done on this with 3 choices (I've never done that, I did that once, I've done that a few times) we'd see virtually none in the 'never done that', a lot in the 'done it once' and still a lot in the 'a few times' choices. I would be one of the last.

That's why in my Rockwell stuff I add a BOOL in the UDT for the JSR. (hey, that sounds cool)

That bool is on when JSRed
Off when not JSRed

(And it's because I'm the third in that informal poll......)

bernie_carlton said:
I bet if a poll was done on this with 3 choices (I've never done that, I did that once, I've done that a few times) we'd see virtually none in the 'never done that', a lot in the 'done it once' and still a lot in the 'a few times' choices. I would be one of the last.

CASEY - Poll Required

edit: And im a numer three'er

I can not say I have done that but would putting a plc in "halt" mode and not figuring out, for 2 days, why the outputs would not work count?

Did it last week. Spent an hour trying to figure out why my newly added DCM comms toggle bits were not toggling, then it hit me! :mad:

If you have never made a mistake, then I would suspect that your not doing much with your life but sitting home watching Oprah, which in it'self is a mistake.

I do JSR -> always (when using AB),

The main reason, being able to reaggange the programs in sections (different ladder files), -> better readability when given appropriate names.

Regards
________

allscott said:
I hope I'm not the only dumb one.
One of my favorite tricks is to: edit the program; set up or wait for the conditions to do the test; watch the logic as the 'test' progresses; wonder why the desired thing didn't happen - "It has to work, it's just a lousy counter!!"

After a little bit I realize I forgot to TEST the edits! ;)

elevmike said:
If you have never made a mistake, then I would suspect that your not doing much with your life but sitting home watching Oprah, which in it'self is a mistake.

Whos Oprah :confused: