Help please, urgent

Nimal

N
Hi, i'm at college study a btec national diploma in electronics, and one of the subjects i have to study P.L.C, which is not my best subject. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to program to traffic lights, a zebra crossing, and a counter. What must happen is that you are in a factory and there is a road which only traffic can go one way or the other, the fork lifts go into a warehouse and only 10 amounts of fork lifts can get into a warehouse, this is were the counter comes in.
So when one traffic light is on red the other traffic light will go in sequence to green, and vica versa. But if someone wants to cross to get over the other side, they press a button and one traffic light will go in sequence to red and so the other traffic light will go in sequence to red. When the person presses the button two lights will flash to say you can cross. When the person presses the button the one light on the plc will flash for 16 seconds, and then once the 16 seconds is over, the first traffic light will begin its sequence and then when it has completed its sequence the second traffic light will begin its sequence. The sequence will carry on until the warehouse is full of 10 fork lifts or if someone presses the button to cross over!

Can anyone help me please, this is very confusing to me

You should count yourself lucky, I had to do the same problem in C when I was at college, nowhere near as easy as plc programming :((

If I knew how to put a program up here I would...

So close.

If you had spent just a little time studying (this site, not just your books), you would have seen THREE objects to click to answer your question.

The first one you should have clicked on is
learn.gif
. It is a link to a book you should buy, as well as a tutorial you might take. These will help you overcome your confusion, which our just posting a possible answer would not.

The second is New Here? Please read this important info!!!. This contains the passwords for accessing the code you seek.

The third is the
top_search.gif
button. Do you really think that you are the first person to ask this question without finding the passwords? There are many good comments scattered in a search of "Traffic Light". There is also much ridcule. If you don't have the passwords, expect more, directed at you.

Your fourth mistake was to post to the "Practice Posting Here" forum, instead of the "Live PLC Q&A" forum, where questions like your get answered (or ridiculed). But Phil (the keeper of the site) has been moving mis-directed posts, so you should be saved at least that one error.

Last edited: