OT: Firewater?

Further down on the page, it mentions HyTech, and has a link to the same video. The TV clip made mention of this technology being around for several years, but what HyTech is claiming, and has patented, is a super-fast and efficient electrolytic process.

This was from Fox news 26 in Clearwater, right near my home. I'd love to seet this in person. Maybe I'll pack up the missus and take a drive over there.

"This is Tim Moulder for PLCs.net, coming to you live from HyTech HQ..."

TM

Now, Daddy wern't no enjineer, and he didn't know the First LAw of Thermodynamics, but he did teach me ya cain't get sumthin fer nuthin.

This system is usin electrolysis, whut takes electricity, whut ya git by burnin sumthin er else from nucular power. Ya gots to pay fer thet!

The funny thing is that you spend energy to get energy regardless of what it is. I read something the other day that stated it costs about $1.23 to produce $1.00 of gasoline, more for higher grades.

Many may think oil is plentiful but if you are good at math then make an estimate on how much oil Earth could hold then look at the consumption rate today. It is not going to last forever therefore other technologies need to be developed that at the least will lower oil consumption so it will last longer.

Right on, Ron.

Tom Jenkins said:
Now, Daddy wern't no enjineer, and he didn't know the First LAw of Thermodynamics, but he did teach me ya cain't get sumthin fer nuthin.

This system is usin electrolysis, whut takes electricity, whut ya git by burnin sumthin er else from nucular power. Ya gots to pay fer thet!

Now, I've never been inclined to argue with Newton, so consider this - your car makes electricity via the alternator, to power all the electronics and charge the battery. It can do this because there is more energy in the gasoline than it takes to simply move the vehicle, even under the most demanding circumstances. It can even run your air conditioner.

Sooooo... it stands to reason that if the electrolysis process is using electricity, and your hydrogen-powered car is generating more power than it needs to move the vehicle (by burning hydrogen), than you should be able to supply all the electrolysis power in a manner we're all quite accustomed to now.

Now, I can't say how much power there actually is in HHO versus a omparable volume of gasoline - that's why HyTech has the patent and I don't. But they plainly would not get far in any of their licensing or designs if it weren't at least close to the efficiency they claim.

Any body wanna tackle that math? How much gas does a quart of water break down into, ideally, and how much energy does the resultant gas contain, relative to a similiar value of gasoline?

Just how much destructive force is there in a bottle of Zephyrhills Spring Water, anyway?

TM

TimothyMoulder said:
I'm suprised nobody here has picked up on this, even more shocked it's not getting more coverage in the media. Nevertheless, nobody I could find is saying it's fraud, and Klein has a patent, AND a running test vehicle.

Think about it - 25 miles to the ounce? That's some heavy water...

http://www.truckblog.com/video/fuelwater.wmv

Typical

I click on the Link

Internet Explorer Crashes

Tried it 3 times and rebooted, IE up to date :cry:

Timothy said

"your car makes electricity via the alternator, to power all the electronics and charge the battery. It can do this because there is more energy in the gasoline than it takes to simply move the vehicle, even under the most demanding circumstances. It can even run your air conditioner."

Only Americans would think that the air conditioner runs for free! Air conditioners are often disconnected (by removing the drive belt) here in Ireland, where the price per litre is 1.16 Euro, because they substantially increase the fuel consumption of the car. The engine can only run the compressor because the horsepower of the car is much greater than the horsepower required to move the car. If you don't believe me try driving your car for a week without the air conditioning on (remove the belt) and see if your fuel bill drops.

Tom Jenkins is right you get nothing for nothing. There is no way that you can get more energy out of recombining the hydrogen and oxygen than it takes to split it in the first place. Perpetual motion cannot happen given the laws of thermodynamics.

Even if you assume that the electolsis process is 100% efficient you will have to accept that the engine and alternator will never be 100% effecient. It just cannot work.

RSDoran, I agree that we do need other types of energy to replace oil, unfortunately this isn't it. These stories also lead some people not to worry about the problem of a finite amount of fossil fuels because they will think that a solution has been found, it hasn't.

We should all try to reduce the amount energy we use, at least until a proven alternative is found.

Actually Kevin, I'm not proposing that the AC runs for free - my car sure uses more gas when I run it!

I took Tom's post as stating that there is not enough energy in HHO to fuel the vehicle and run the electrolysis process. I was pointing out that a car can charge it's own battery, run the vehicle and more besides.

Okay, so if my HHO car uses gets only 10 miles to the ounce with the AC on... that's still 160 miles to the gallon... and I can fill my tank with a garden hose... for pennies...

Okay, what was the problem again?

TM

The primary advantage to using hydrogen as a fuel is that the only product of combustion is water vapor. No greenhouse gases. It would be more efficient to combine hydrogen and oxygen in a fuel cell to generate electricity.

Compared to other common gaseous fuels, burning methane (natural gas) or propane produces more energy per cubic foot than burning hydrogen.

The biggest drawback to hydrogen as a fuel is that there are no natural reservoirs of it like there is for natural gas. Hydrogen has to be manufactured. One method of manufacturing it is by passing an electrical current through ionized water. The electrical current breaks the chemical bond between the hydrogen atoms and the oxygen atom in a water molecule. Hydrogen collects at the cathode and oxygen collects at the anode.

As Allscott points out, it takes more energy to to break the water into hydrogen and oxygen than you can get back by buring it.

Steve Bailey said:
As Allscott points out, it takes more energy to to break the water into hydrogen and oxygen than you can get back by buring it.

Even thou Einstein derived the mass-energy thing; it took quite a bit of persuasion to convince him that an atomic bomb could be made, thus eventually prompting his letters to Roosevelt. For years he assumed that it would take more energy to create the reaction then could be got from it.
The point is this guy's working on the wrong issue. He should be figuring on a way to make hydrogen with less energy.

Well if HHO water doesn't work, then how about the Ncar.(y)

ncar-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom