Ge 90-30 Vb.net

FuMan5

I know I'm not the first one to ask this, but I would like some up to date feedback. I would like to use vb.net to communicate with GE 90-30 PLCs. I'm not new to vb.net, but I'm new to PLCs. I know I would have to buy an activex controller or write my own. Other than that I don't know how to do it. Also, I don't understand how the PLC communicate through the opc's. Feeback would be great!

The GEFComm application that you mentioned in your PM is an old VB5 or VB6 application, but I'm sure it can easily be imported into VB.net. Send me you email address via PM and I'll send it to you. It's a 1.5 meg zip file, and the archive includeds some .exe files, so make sure your email server will let it through.

Similar Topics

Hoping someone can give me some guidance or confirmation of what I need to do. We have a FactoryTalk SE program that I need to change the IP...
Replies
Views
Can we use a Simotion D455 ethernet port x127 as a gate, to access S7-1500 plc Tia Portal program ? In the Simatic manager, we used Netpro to do...
Replies
Views
"Hello! Good day! Excuse me, I have a question regarding the 1761-NET-ENI. RSLinx has already detected it but it's not connecting to the PLC...
Replies
Views
So I have a sort of unique situation where I'm wanting to run a PF755 from the IO and over ethernet. Of course, this comes with it's own set of...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, looking for advice in this particular scenario. Currently we have a controlnet bus that has (6) CN2DN devices and (2) powerflex...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom