Analog I/O

carljorgensen

Hello,
I am laying out a panel using Analog I/O (4-20mA)
Can these signals be wired through terminal blocks or must they be wired directly to the I/O card so as not to effect the signal?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Carl Jorgensen

Of course you can wire them through terminal, it is easier to clarify the interface. If the wiring from terminal to I/O card is firm enough, it will not effect the signal when the signal finally arrives the I/O card.

BR

You wont see any loss on most analog. You do need to use the correct terminal blocks when working with thermocouples but thats the only analog inputs (that I know about) that you need to watch for.

Use terminal strips to your heart's content. The beauty of a current signal is the source driver adjusts to any resistances in the loop wiring to produce the required signal.

Dan

Terminal strips are no problem for a current signal. I would even advice to use terminal strips with a knife disconnect for every standard current signal you use. That way you can measure the signal without interrupting the loop.