Step 5 AG100U CPU 103

Rosc

Hey hey,
Or should I say Help Help.
I'm trying to get an oldie working.
The AG100U CPU 103 from Siemens.
So far i can do everything i want with it(program it, Download it, Run it) except for reaching the I/O.
Is there a fixed setup, I mean is it starting from a fixed point.
Or is it just Slot.Channel.
I hope anyone still knows, its a while ago.

It's a bit depending on the version of Step5 you're using. In the German version you use E (Eingäng) for inputs and A (Ausgäng) for outputs. In the English version it's simply I for inputs and Q for outputs. Then you give the slot number, with slot 0 being the first slot next to the CPU. After the dot you place the bitnumber (0 to 7).

So E0.0 (German version) or I0.0 (English version) means bit 0 of the inputcard in the first slot. And A7.5 (German version) or Q7.5 (English version) means the sixth bit of the output card in the eighth slot from the CPU.

Kind regards,

Thanks,

Then i think the card or the bus is not working anymore.
Because i tried this and nothing happend on the card itself.
I tried all different aoutputs on this card.
If the bus is broken to the first card does that mean that everything behind it is also not working or could i try to move my output card to a different slot.

Hi,

The racks or normaly connected to each other by a small flat cable. Perhaps you could check if these or well connected. Otherwise you could switch two backplanes. Also be sure that the earthing is connected!!

Rudi