Sending SLC5/05 bit to a Westermo GDW-11 Modem??

RPax

Hi, was wondering if somebody could guide me in the right direction. I'am trying to connect an Allen Bradley PLC SLC5/05 to a Westermo GDW-11 Modem.

Basically what I want to do is when a PLC bit goes On, to send or trigger the Modem to send a Alarm text message for remote monitoring. What I'am having problems with is mapping my PLC bit to the modem for the modem to send the text.

I have an RS232 connected on Channel 0 of the PLC. I've looked at other similiar postings on the forum and they suggest using the ASC11 Write command but these are usually for longer messages. Is the same command used for just one bit or do I use a different method. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks

You cannot send a single bit, you'll have to format a word with your modem command bit pattern and send it with the AWT.