OLD SLC 150 Software

Jody M

I am currently converting a SLC 150 project to a AD DL-06, However I found a rung with a ----(MCR) but acording to the cross reference that is the only MCR reference. According to the book you should have a --(MCR) start rung and a ----(MCR) "uncondiotional end rung.". Looks like an original programming error but want to make sure before I proceed. Also I found a ---]\[-- "904" internal cr, but again the only reference in the program, the 904 is not some special relay that I missed in the book. I am using AB publication 1745-800 for reference.

Thanks
Jody

904 will be a timer or a counter.

An MCR without an ending MCR reference will end by default when the program END is encountered.

so I need to make sure and keep the MCR where it is. I thought the 904 was a timer or counter but its only reference is as follows

900 904 113

+-]\[----]\[-+-] [-----------------------------------------(714)

| |

| 006 |

+--] [-------+

this is the only rung that there is a reference to 904?? I don't know.

Last edited:
Jody M,

If you have the PCIS DOS program, you can print the entire program to a file by changing from the default LPT1 to your filename. Once that is complete, you can view it with Notepad. At the end of the program listing will be the cross reference index and it should show you all the rung numbers that reference 904 or any other address. You can of course print it out as well, but why waste all that paper? (You'll get some blank sheets and sheets with only one or two printed lines mixed in with fully printed pages.)

Good Luck

Grover

grover1
In response, yes I have printed to file and hard copy print. I have read the cross reference and I find only the one reference to the ]\[ 904 contact. I am writing the code into AD directsoft 5 and simulate on my workbench, I do not think the contact is working anything. I would be able to upload the project if anyone has the PCIS software and would like to take a look. I have never attached a project to a post and some members here do not like my sentence structure here, so I would need some instruction. But anymore help would be helpfull or I will continue to read the manual. Thanks so much for your help.

Jody

You do realize that the |/| 904 contact will only "prevent" the 714 coil from energizing if the timer is "not done". You need to look at the code closely to see why the 904 contact has a bearing on 714.

Jody M said:
grover1
In response, yes I have printed to file and hard copy print. I have read the cross reference and I find only the one reference to the ]\[ 904 contact. I am writing the code into AD directsoft 5 and simulate on my workbench, I do not think the contact is working anything. I would be able to upload the project if anyone has the PCIS software and would like to take a look. I have never attached a project to a post and some members here do not like my sentence structure here, so I would need some instruction. But anymore help would be helpfull or I will continue to read the manual. Thanks so much for your help.

Jody

I have the PCIS software. Go ahead and post the program.

First compress the file to a zip file using pkzip and upload the zip file, or you can simply change the file extension to .doc or .pdf and upload it with a note to change the extension back to .100.