PlC Output problem..

rusureboutdat

I'm doing a school project and my question is very simple. I using a slc 500 bradley plc. I'm making a peephole camera system. Basically You can turn on the camera, lcd screen, two light bulb blinking and doorbell all at the same time. I used one(ton) to turn on all the stuff for 30 sec. I'm just wondering the output for the plc is not what I want'. I was hoping to get a 22 volt output on all of the output but I'm not. So i'm guessing the output is 24v divided to all the output. Now when I run the program, the light gets about output for the lights get 24v and output for doorbell gets 3v and when I put the lcd screen which requires 12V it actually get only 6V and its starts going up and down. So i'm wondering if the out can be program to stay at 12V. I don'tknow if this is clear enough please try to answer.

Hmm. Does your class schedule include "Basic DC Circuits" ? That's a category of knowledge you're going to need.

Post what kind of output module you are using, what sort of power supply you have hooked up to the output circuits, and how you have wired the devices.

In general, output modules for PLC's are wired as parallel circuits, so that each device connected to an output "sees" the same voltage.

It sounds to me like you might have some of our devices wired in series, and that you also have an under-sized power supply.

arrange it in parallel

i am not a genious or something but i will like to help you.i believe you have wired your stuff incorrectly.if you arrange them in parallel circuit way the voltage will be same for each one of it.remember voltage is same in parallel and current is same for everything in series.and ur voltage is getting divided because you must have arranged these things in series i guess

so just arrange them in parallel.

"" HARD WORK AND LUCK TOGETHER BRINGS SUCCESS""