I need help with a Program mod

LStewart

I am needing to make a modification to a program and I really have confused myself and was needing some help if you don't mind.
I have 2 models of parts that are being run on a press, the engineer is wanting to double press one model. The program steps through a register,

n7:20 = 0 = ready for new pallet
= 2= pallet present
= 3= rf read pallet status/good part moves a 4, bad part moves a 11
= 4= good part on pallet
=5= old model
=6=new model
=7=model id and turns on press sol.
=8= checks for adv'd prox and pressure switch, passes part
part only fails if times out waiting on above switches,
If both switches make then it dwells and puts a 10 in and that sends the press down (home).
what they want is for the new part to press 2 times everytime, and we only look for the pressure switch with 1st press. My problem is I don't know the best way to retract the press and bring it back up again using the register.
I will post the original program and the one I am modifying, if you could give me some advice or a better way of doing this I would appreciate it.

L,

You may want to give a little more detail of what you already know about the program, I see that you changed the high limit in rung 4 ladder 4, what is your thoughts behind this?

They want the "new" part to press twice, are your still going to press the old way, are you giving them a option new/old, or is this reference to "new" referencing the new part and not the new method.

I would look for that part of the cycle that you want to repeat, then look at resetting the register at that point (MOV) the same value back into the reg. until is repeated then you can continue with the cycle

"My problem is I don't know the best way to retract the press and bring it back up again using the register"

If the press all ready retracts then they have all ready found "the best way", use their logic and make to repeat, I know that its not that easy but that’s how I would look at it

Hope this helps

Thanks, genius! I think I have come up with a better way for me to modify this. I am doing as you suggested and using their logic. I will be trying my mod this afternoon!