Omron c1000h Unknown PLC in Syswin

fluxin

I'm working on a Omron C1000H that has a RS232 card C500-LK203 mounted to it. When I try to connect using SYSWIN it allows me to connect but says that it's an UNKNOWN plc and that it doesn't match the project PLC of C1000H. When I try to connect using CX Developer nothing happens, it just won't connect. I've replaced the CPU with a blank CPU and the same thing happens. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

The switches are correct, everything worked fine until one restart of the machine. It was brought down this past weekend and turned back on this past tuesday. After that the communication stopped.

gtsuport said:
How are the switches on the back of the LK203 set?

Syswin will be your only option for software. CX-One/CX-Programmer does not support C1000H hardware.
Hello GT,
Beg to differ, but CX-P does support C1000H :nodi:
Not so sure about CX-Developer though!

What is CX-Developer? CX-Supervisor Developer package by chance?

If so, the C1000H is supported.

Last edited:
BobB said:
What is CX-Developer? CX-Supervisor Developer package by chance?
QUOTE]
Hello BobB,
Just realised...
There aint no such thing!!!(was thinking of CX-Designer - for NT's :sick: ), unless (as you point out) fluxin meant CX-Supervisor Developement package.
It's been a long, hard week!

First thing to do is check your dip switches on the LK203. Be sure to match baud rate and set to unit no. 0.

When I try to connect using CX Developer nothing happens

If you are refering to CX Programmer then try using the Auto Online function. It should detect PLC type.

Sorry about that. I guess I was thinking of C500. Like Paulus said, been a long week. Should have double checked.

Based on response to dip switch question, not sure what is going on. Never worked with large rack products. I don't see anything in the manual indicating internal setup like the newer plc's.

Is the RUN indicator illuminated on the Host Link? Is the RUN light illuminated on the CPU? Do you have the correct Host Link Number set in the software?

Check your cable. Spent 3 hours the other day with a system only to find out a wire in the cable had broken.

Hope this will help.