Foundation Fieldbus to S7

Fox

Hello all

Does any one knows how can I connect one S7-300 to a Foundation Fieldbus?

In the field there are already Foundation Fieldbus junction boxes from TURK and the customer needs a PLC to control/colect data from devices conected to this network.

I was thinking of using something like a gateway between Profibus-DP and Foundation Fieldbus but I couldn't find one.

May you help me?

FF and Profibus PA compete head to head, and Siemens are backing Profibus PA so you wont find any FF products from Siemens.
(Strange though, I saw a press anouncement where Siemens announced that FF would be one of their key technologies, and the Fieldbus Foundation has named a Siemens top guy as president so there may be something under way. But for now that has no importance).

Try Softing (http://www.softing.com/en/communications/index.htm).
They support both FF and Profibus, so that would be the way to go.
They even make some gateways, but I am not sure if they have a gateway that can connect a Siemens PLC directly to FF. Also, do not expect such a thing to be cheap.

Foxboro should support both Profibus and FF, but I doubt that you want to put in a Foxboro DCS as a gateway.

You could also consider to use OPC on a PC as gateway. It has its advantages and disadvantages of course.