approved plc worker

As an employer I approve of workers that report on time, dress neatly and bathe regularly, concentrate on getting the job done, and understand that if it was all fun they would have to pay me.

Seriously, "approved" is not a defined term in the sense you are using it. In the USA the ISA (Instrument Society of America) has a "certification" process. Electricians may be licensed by their union or by a local governmental unit. Engineers can be licensed by their state regulatory agencies.

As Jason hints, the best approval comes when you prove you can get the job done. Most of the guys that contribute here have spent five to twenty years up to their arses in bits, bytes, wires, and manufacturer's, manuals. That's what it takes to get peer approval, the hardest and sweetest of all to earn!

I'm not aware of any official rating or licensing agency here in the USA for issuing any sort of certification. Is this something that is done in the UK? If so, your best bet would be to check with the agency that offers the certification.

In my business, approval comes in the form of a check issued in payment for services rendered.

jason said:
when does one become an approved plc worker ?:cool:

Contrairy to other fields it does not happen with a piece of paper. Many organisation want to regulate this job/duty/profression but they will not succeed easally.

"Approved" but by whom or what?

This is one reason that recrutment is so hard. In some companies the human ressources cannot deal with judging individuals posting for this kind of job offer. They do a general screening of applicants and then pass the reminders down to technical personals to evaluate them.

I've seen "approved" PLC workers which could almost only read LEDs of PLCs. I've seen programmers with eng. diplomas which could not do a traffic light sequence. I've also been given tips & tricks on PLCs programming structure by "simple" electricians...

As far as I'm concern, my mom does'nt understand any of what I'm doing for a living... then I'm almost approved :)

approved plc ( thank u 4 your reply)

you all hit the nail on the head thank you very much for the information .