S7300 DO 24V directly on Valve?

compulan

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the DO module 322-1BL01-0AA0. Untill now, when I want to open a 24VDC valve, I use the 24V of the DO to close the contact of a relay and from that contact I drive the 24VDC from another Fuse to the valve. The reason for that is to protect the card from short-circuit. I see now in the specification of the card, that there is electronic short-circuit protection and I wonder if I can drive directly the 24V of the card to the valve without fuse. Do you know if this is right? Has someone done this?
Thanx in advance

ABSOLUTELY NOT! DC Mag Valve + Transistor DO == Worst Case Scenario!

btw... there is no output unit with this number... maybe you meant 6ES7 322-1BL00-0AA0 DO32 24V

I beg to differ, Marius.

I dont do it myself now, but have done so in the past.
Check that the DC output has more than enough power to drive the solenoid.
And make sure that there is surge protection on the coil. Zener, freewheeling diode or R-C.

That said, outputs do occasionally fail, and the cost is that you have to exchange a complete card in stead of just a relay.