Omron AD081 analogue

rgmiles

Hi all its me again!! Omron AD081

I am using an Omron ADo81 analogue input card.
And i have read the manual inside out.
I cannot understand the scaling commands.
Can anyone tell me how to scale the output?
I need to display 0 to 1200 on the screen with an input of 0 to 10 volts.

This is quite urgent.
Best regards
Bob

Bob,

Guessing you are using either a CS1 or CJ1. What is the unit/machine number of the analog module?

The SCL instruction will take a HEX value and convert it to a BCD value. The HEX value from the analog module should be 0 - 0FA0 would equal 0 to 10vdc. To scale that to 0 to 1200 BCD you would setup the instruction as below. Assuming unit/machine number 0!!

For first input S = 2001, P1 = D100 (example only) R = D105
Set D100 = #0, D101 = #0, D102 = #1200, D103 = #0FA0.

This should do the trick. Do not have equipment here to test.

Hope this will help!

Hi mate.
Thanks again for your help, I never thought the transition to Omron would be so difficult.
The PLC is a CJ1 and the card is a AD081 v1
The card is addressed unit 3
I have to complete this job for monday.
Everything is ok except for this problem.
Can you repeat thre instruction wuth these parameters please?
I am very grateful for your help.
Regards.
Bob

Bob,

Only thing that will really change it the source address. Input 1 would be CIO 2031, input 2 = CIO 2032, etc.

If all are to be scaled to the same (0 - 1200) you can use the same P1 addresses. You will need different R (result) addresses for each instruction.

You will need a "contact" before the SCL instruction. Should be able to use the P_On contact.

Hope this will help.

Hi mate.
Works great!!
Many thanks.
Question? How do you calculate the Hex number for the top end voltage??
I will need to use 4-20 ma sensors and 0 to 10 v sensors.
Very best regards.
Bob

Glad to hear it is working!!

You need to look in the W345 manual, CS/CJ Analog Module Manual.
The "range" values are listed for each module and each input or output voltage or current.

You might want to check with your local distributor. There is a cd with most of the manuals in pdf format. This can be very helpful, if you have a dialup connection or if internet connection is not available.

Hope this will help!