Lost Data in RSLogix500

DaveW

I have a notebook running RSLogix500 v6.3 that I use to add a few rungs and change a few data table values to a program. After saving the program, I copied it over to my desktop pc running RSLogix500 v7.0. When I open this program with the 7.0, the new rungs are still there but the data table value revert back to their original values!! Anyone seen this? If I use the notebook to open the file I copied over to the desktop via our local network, the values are still there! I recently upgraded the desktop pc to 7.0 but has never had this problem before with some of the older versions.

You absolutely must read the technote and apply the patch which jstolaruk has refered to. Going backwards from version 7 will cause you major issues if you don't.

Rockwell patches.....

How do you find out which patches are required for different software packages? Is there a place on the Rockwell website that lists the different things like that?

I have a variety of Rockwell products here at the plant, and it'd be nice if I knew where to find these things before having problems with them....

I hate finding things out using the "Braille" method. (blindly stumbling into things when they bite me in the a**)

I dont know of a list of patches on RA's site other than doing a search on the KB for patches.

But this utility is useful for keeping track of patches that have been applied.

If you have a tech support contract you should receive a letter in the mail indicating that a patch has been released.

Alaric said:
If you have a tech support contract you should receive a letter in the mail indicating that a patch has been released.

Even better would be an email with the links right in it.....

If you subscribe HERE it should email you. I can't remember if they normally come through the technotes or the software updates but know I get informed of patches through emails

That'll do me for now.... I can set things up to display on the website when I log in, and check that way.

We have a support contract, but it's run through someone at the corporate engineering offices, and none of this stuff comes to me directly. If someone remembers, it gets sent to my boss..... And if he remembers it gets forwarded to me. Too many middlemen to get good results.

What are the options for deliver daily and weekly for?

It will send the updates of yesterday every morning if you select daily

Sends the whole weeks at the end of the week if you select weekly

I've had a similar problem with RSLogix 5. To get round it, I save the PLC program on the notebook PC as a backup (*.ib1) and then restore it on the desktop PLC.

Tim