IEC programming

Dariusch

Hi all,

I am starting with the IEC programming with Mitsu's GX IEC Developer.

I have a question regarding the use of systemvariables.

How do I use the PLC clock variables in my program.

In GX dev. the PLC clock for the 1 sek. was at the system bit M8013.

But I do not know how to do it in the IEC.

Does someone here have the question for that?

Thank you

Dariusch

Not knowing specifically about he GX IEC ware I can tell you that whatever addresses you where using for this 1 sec. pulse it is still there IN the PLC.

The M8013 memory area has not change place just because you are using another software.

When you download to your PLC, the software has some compiling to do. It can be a very intense compiling or a light one depending on how the PLC "Interpreter" is build.

I doubt very much that the Mitsu people have completely rearanged the memory allocation just to be in line with what the IEC "sort'a standard" dictates.

Most likely you will only have to name the device according to the IEC standard.

For instance, if in the normal ware you name this M8013, in the IEC you will name it %MX0.8013 (hey! this name must not be the good one, just a guess:))

So name your Variable 1SECPLS and attach it to a direct address: %MX0.8013 or %MX8.01.3 or whatever it must be.

That is unless you already have access to a Flag or Internal Bit with pre-named variables like _1S. Most of the times they can be found in the window poping when you name an I/O under a button for FLAG or Direct Address or ?????

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
IEC or SFC ?

Dear friends,
From your question ,I think to SFC much more easier than convert to IEC symbol 🤾 For m8013 is a special internal relay
1 sec impulse clock as I remember .
No problem , when you use in step ladder too. but for IEC symbol I have no Idia sorry
o_O

Well in GX IEC you can just use the actual address or if it helps, go to the variables editor & add it there i.e. call it 1_sec_clock& set the variable to M8013 or any other system variable.
or you van do it while programming a block, just type in the symbol "1_sec_clock & it will ask you to define it.
Some further info GX IEC does not have any actual local variables but puts aside the high end ones like m1000 or D1000 etc.
as they are only used in the scan of the block they are used over & over again.
Also Mitsi does not have any configurable functions like S7 so when you create an FB it stores it as a subroutine after the FEND function (end of main program), then when you call the function & enter parameters that are passed the compiled code loads you variables into temps then jumps to the sub, loads the results back into temps then moves them back to your variables.
i.e.

Call function
mov D200 D1000
Mov D201 D1001
A m100
= M1000
etc...
jump to function
on return
mov D1000 D200
Mov D1001 D201
A M1000