ASIbus to ProfiBus

sapoleon

Hi to everyone,

Does someone knows of a ASIbus to ProfiBus DP converter?

Does someone ever worked with ProfiBus and the GE cards of the 90-30 series?

Thanks for your replies.

i have a PDF for one at work has a lot of good info in it when i get to work tomorrow i will post it for you

sapoleon said:
Hi to everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

First question: yes, don't know the number by head I can check it up on thuesday. They worked fine.

Hola, Sapoleon;

What you are looking for is called "DP-Asi link", and there are at least 2 models available from Siemens.
The following link will take you to Siemens' support webpage wih all documents concerning these gateways:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&objid=22502402&DataKey=22502402&treeLang=en

In our projects we work with Profibus-DP/PA on Controllogix and GE RX3i platforms with no problems, if we can help please advise.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi again and thanks.

We are in the getting info part of a pilot project. There is allready a 90-30 in the plant, and we are mounting a DP card. The idea, is to communicate to the vsd with the profibus, and with a DP/AS-i link, connect some small devices, like DI modules, Solenoide moudules, and so on.

If we end the project succesfully, there is going to be a bigger one. (the same x 20). Maybe with a GE RX7i.

Once again, thanks for the replies, i'll be back when we are in the configuration of the project.

Any other suggestion is going to be well received.

saludos

sapoleon said:
Hi to everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

I've used Pepperl and Fuchs Asi Buses several times with GE 90-30. I used a Profibus Card in the PLC (HE693PBM101) actually made by Horner Electric and a P+F Profibus Gateway. I have heard however that in Europe there is an ASI card for the 90-30 so you may want to check that out as well.