Timer Timing? AD

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Am I missing something? is there a TT bit so to speak, in a DL06?

RTO.gif

This is what I did to get around it, it will work (I think), but...is there a better way.

In this case, photocell 4 is the tail edge of my material on a conveyor, what I am trying to do is keep the T1 (hi) for x amount of time after x4 goes (low), x10 will go low and break the latch when T1 is done.

So again is there a better way?

Thanks,

As noted - you have it exactly. In your example:

Contact T1 = DN
Contact C5 = EN
EN AND (Not DN) = TT

As the DN is the most used contact of a timer - that is provided. The other two are so easy to generate it would just complicate things. Name C5 as T1-EN if it will make it easier.

Last edited:
In ADC if I want to do something like this I take all of the logic you have to turn on the timer and use it to turn on a "Timer Req'd" or other appropriately named coil as a flag. Then I simply use the contact from the flag to run the timer and also any other place the timer timing bit might be wante.