RSLogix5000 Special Bits

RichS

Converted SLC 5/04 to RSLogix5000 using Logix Translate Tool.

It has not brought over the Special Bits S:1/5 (Forces Enabled) and S:1/6 (Forces Installed) - it comes up with Program Conversion Errors.

These are used on the HMI to inform the user that Forces are installed etc.

Can anyone inform me how to get these to work ? PLEASE !

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

You will need to use the GSV instruction (Get System Variable) on the MODULE object to get this information. Check out GSV in the instruction help under the Input/Output group. At the bottom of the initial help page you will find a link to GSV/SSV Objects followed by a link to the MODULE object. That should be what you are looking for.

Keith

RichS said:
Converted SLC 5/04 to RSLogix5000 using Logix Translate Tool.

It has not brought over the Special Bits S:1/5 (Forces Enabled) and S:1/6 (Forces Installed) - it comes up with Program Conversion Errors.

These are used on the HMI to inform the user that Forces are installed etc.

Can anyone inform me how to get these to work ? PLEASE !

Thanks in advance,

Rich.
Not to sound critical, but more to inform you so your refer to these more accurately in the future:

The "S" bits you refer to are "status" file bits, NOT "special" bits.

"Special bits" sounds more like a breakfast cereal or dog food...

Use the GSV instruction with the following parameters:

Class Name : MODULE
Instance: LOCAL
Attribute Name: ForceStatus
Destination: Create a tag of type INT

Bit 0 = forces installed
Bit 1 = forces enabled
Bits 2-15 = not used

I've never actually tried this, but it should give you what you want.

Anyone tried this for real?