RSView data log

kirk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a trending issue resolved on a Allen Bradley Panelview Plus and get a better understanding of the setup.

I have a trending object with 6 Analog pens looking at a 24 hour period, I am only getting graphing for about 6 to 8 hours. I have 100,000 maximum data points in the model and it is logging the trigger on 10 second intervals.

I HAVE THE "BUFFER FOR EXTRA DATA" SET at 0. I feel like this could be my problem, but I am not getting data across the complete display and I thought this would only pertain to data not displayed on the screen

If the trend model can store 300,000 data points and just for an example the trend screen only displays 10,000 data points, the "buffer for extra data" can only read 32, 767 data points, (that is 42,767) Am I unable to review or do anything with the other 257,000 data poitns? :confused:

The trend object is set to update ever 10 seconds and the trend model is set to update every 10 seconds, does this collect the data for the tag twice? ( I assume the trend object is retrieving data from the trend model and not the tag itself, is that correct)

I also have 6 additional pens in the model that are not being used and need to be purged, do these collect data evene though they do not appear on a trending object?

I plan on increasing maximum data pointes to 300,000 increasing the log intervals to 1 minute or so, purging the trend model of pens not used on a trend object,but I still don't know what to do with the buffer.

Even with all these problems in the trend setup, I think we should be getting 23 hours of data, Why would I only be displaying 6 hours of information?

ANY ADVICE, OPINION or OBSERVATION is GREATLY APPRECIATED

Kirk

All the tags in the log model are updated at the rate that the model is set for. The trend object generates its data from tags in the model. All tags in the model are updated, regardless of whether they appear in a trend object or not.

I'm not sure but you also might be running out of memory by trying to display so many data points on a single screen. If you are trying to display a 24 hour period on a single chart, why update the data every 10 seconds? There is no way you will be able to see that kind of resolution. Every minute or every 2 minutes would be plenty.

The only thing the buffer does is keep extra data points outside of the current display range on the trend object so that you can scroll backwards in time. It doesn't have anything to do with how long the trend object is charting.

$

Hi

You don't say what model PV+ it is but I find the best way to do this is log to a flash card, say 512mb, installed in the side slot.
Set the model to log to the card, the help file gives you all the details inside RSView studio to set the path etc.
All tags inside the model are logged at the logging period regardless of trend displays.

Any further help just post back

regards

kevin