Rs Linx Enterprise Missing

69FIREBIRD

Hi, I have come across this a few times recently with RS Linx Enterprise missing from the Explorer panel of RSView Studio, I have been able to add it by right clicking on the project icon at the top on the Explorer panel and selecting - New Data Server>RSlinx Enterprise Data Server. This added RS Linx Enterprise to the Explorer tree but in some instances it did not offer the + expand symbol to gain access to Communication Setup. I have heard that the Windows operating system is corrupting it, I'm not sure if it was to do with upgrading from 3.20 to 4.00 and have not found/recorded the exact consistent fix.

Does anyone know exactly why this happens? And what to do when it happens to consistently fix it.

At present, we uninstall and reinstall the RSview Studio/ME/Linx Enterprise Software, a time consuming task.

Thanks.

Have you tried creating a new project in RSview and seeing if the problem appears in the new project?

If the problem does not reappear in the other project then I would backup your "failing" project and then restore it with a new name and see if that fixes the problem.

You mention reinstalling the whole package RSView and RSLinx Enterprise. Have you tried just reinstalling RSLinx Enterprise? That isn't quite as time consuming and that has cleared up a few issues I have run into.

OG

Hi, Yes we have tried a new project and we still do not see RS Linx Enterprise, I have not tried to reinstall only Linx Enterprise, but will give it a go next time. Still interested in knowing the exact cause to try to avoid this or an easier work around.

Thanks for your input.