slc 1747-l40a battery

The battery is a 3V lithium unit, the old one I found is a Sanyo CR14250SE.

Did the fixed I/O SLC's use a spring holder or a wire and plug like the current SLC's do ?

The A-B price is $71 from my dealer.. pretty steep unless you have to mess around a long time finding and soldering on a plug (I'm not eager to heat up lithium cells with my iron).

A quick Google search didn't turn up any easy online vendors, so good luck down at Battery World. If you turn up a good cross-reference to Panasonic or another vendor let us know.

I havent changed the SLC batteries, my L30D also has the Sanyo CR14250SE in it. I have changed ABB batteries to a common camera battery. I match the voltage and ma rating, I couldnt find a ma rating on the CR1425 though. I have soldered many wires to the ends of batteries, naturally I use a very small solder and low heat iron, 15w like this:
15 Watt with grounded tip

I wouldnt be scared to try this battery:
CR14250SESP 3V/850mAh/Lithium Battery with Axial Leads

Last edited:
lithium battery trivia

Sorry, this isn't an answer to your question - but it might make for interesting reading - plus for those of you who work for companies with serious safety programs, this might be a satisfactory answer to the dreaded question: "Where's the MSDS sheet for these things?"

AB Battery Data Sheet