GX Simulator wont communicate HELP!

inamuddle

Have written a programme using GX Developer 8. I also have GX Simulator 6 installed. Could someone help me with details of how to get the programme to run with Simulator. Pressing the LLT Blue button brings up Failed to activate the Ladder Logic Test. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong or what settings may need changing.

Im also using GX Developer 8, but have GX Simulator 7 installed with no problems at all. As soon as you press the 'Ladder Logic Test' button, a window opens saying 'Ladder Logic Test Tool'.

What type of PLC is the project designed on? Has GX Simulator worked on another project or another machine? Have you tried starting the Ladder Logic Test from the 'Tools' tab? If this doesn't work you could try upgrading GX Simulator to the latest version or uninstalling GX Developer and GX Simulator and then reinstalling both components.