Panelview button size

russrmartin

Does anyone know how to size a pushbutton in panelbuilder 32 to a custom size. I need to get a height of 37, and by using the size arrows it's either too large or too small. Thanks.

Russ

I can't remember the exact menu but, You need to go into the properties of the screen you are putting the buttons on. Change the size of the "grid" or pixel dimensions. Make them smaller. Then when you resize your objects you get a finer adjustment.

RSL

jstolaruk said:
But if the PV model is a touchscreen, I've never been able to make it smaller than a touchscreen cell.
Why would you want it to be smaller?

A touch screen cell is the size it is. This, plus the fact that operators in plants that use my PanelViews are in a dirty environment, so I lean toward the "keyboard" versions...

Russ,

On keyboard models, each screen has settings to choose the grid spacing. I make each 10x10 for no special reason.

However, as posted above, the touch cells are defined by their own grid based on how the touch cells fall.

jstolaruk said:
Sometimes I wish I could get more cells on the smaller ones.
My original point was that the cells are the size that they are. I'm quite sure that the touch cell spacing or grid size is based on the fact that the average fingertip is only so small. Don't we all "fat finger" regular computer keyboards?

These touch screens get so screwed up over time and excessive usage that I'm sure the manufacturers don't want them so small that guys with fat fingers need to operate them with the eraser tip of a lead pencil...

I agree we need to be reasonable in sizing our objects. It is easy to get things too crowded and too small.

The question was about changing sizes of a button in smaller increments. Changing your grid spacing is the answer to the question. The touch cells are smaller than the default grid spacing. By making your grid spacing smaller it gives you more precise control of your button size.

This is not about how small can you make it. It is more about making it the exact size you want.

RSL