Micrologix 1100, AIC+, Laptop Crash.

kufman

Hello,

I have run into a very unusual problem with my PLC setup. I am using a ML1100 speaking DH485 to an AIC+. That AIC+ is connected to another AIC+ that connects to other devices. My problem is this.... when I connect my laptop with the lid down then open the lid, something happens that hangs up the ML1100 and the whole Dh485 network crashes. It is only recoverable with a power cycling to the whole system. It will also recover if I pull the connection from the ML1100 to the AIC+. This allows the rest of the network to recover, but if I plug the ML1100 back in without power cycling it will hang up the whole DH485 network again. I don't know what my Dell D610 does when it comes out of standby (the mode it goes to when you close the lid), but the ML1100 does not like it. I know the easy answer is to not connect the serial cable until after I open the lid on my laptop, but it took me days to figure out why I was getting these crashes. Thanks in advance for any info.