Compact Logix question

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am in the process of doing my first AB Compact Logix project. If you have 2 banks of modules and you connect them with a cable on the right side (ie the first bank above the second), are the slots in the second bank counted from right to left as opposed to left to right as in the first bank?

They are counted from right to left. I made this mistake the first time and did left to right. Just follow the cable, where it connects starts the very next module #.

Thanks for the info.

I guess if you wanted to count them from left to right you could connect the cable from the right side of bank 1 to the left side of bank 2.

Mark Buskell said:
They are counted from right to left. I made this mistake the first time and did left to right. Just follow the cable, where it connects starts the very next module #.

Well when I connect to the processor through RSLinx it shows the second bank of modules reading left to right, not right to left. If this is really the case I will have to rewire my panel.

The original answer I gave you was a mistake. The answer I gave you was how I hooked it up in the beginning. I am not sure what I was thinking but will double check myself from now on.

io.jpg

5000.jpg

Well, it would be nice if the documentation pointed this out early on. I finally saw an example diagram on page 89 of the Compact I/O Selection guide. My panel builder did question me about this and now I guess I'll have to eat crow. :oops: