evmove from hard disk to hard disk?

blw2k1

I am attempting to upgrade an old PC running NT and I will need to move the rslinx and rsview activation keys off of the hard disk. Is it possible to do a hard disk to hard disk activation key transfer? I don't want to risk using a floppy, and with NT USB is out of the question.

I would like to set up the new computer, running XP, with rslinx and rsview. Take the old hard drive with the key out of the old PC, put it in the new PC as a second drive (d: or e: or whatever), and then do the key transfer from d: to c:.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions on whether this is possible?

Thanks

The method you describe, of plugging in the existing IDE drive to the new PC and using EVMOVE to move the activation files to the new hard drive, will work.

EVMOVE will happily move an activation from a non-removable drive to another non-removable drive with no special effort or techniques.

The only caveat in this instance is to be certain that there are no Rockwell applications or services running on the host PC when you perform the activation transfer.

Even if some horrible disaster occurs, you can get your activations reset by RSI.