Need help with some easy code

bobwithdana

PLC5 What is the easiest most effencient way to program a panelview momentary pushbutton to latch a bit when pressed and unlatch same bit when pressed again. I have seen this done with one shots and latches and also with counters etc. Want it clean and simple

Thanks in advance

Bob

Why not latch it in the PV?

latch.gif

The above reply is on the right track, but I would use the maintained type...

Press once, it energizes.
Press again, it de-energizes.

it could also depend on what is button used for, does it need to maintain it's state during power down, what resources are available (latched button also requires handshake bit), what user (programmer) friendliness you want to achive. maybe you are logging what button is pressed and when so you don't like maintained or latched buttons, maybe you want for simplicity to keep all buttons momentary regardless if on HMI or not and assign them functionality you need by program etc. it all depends...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=22162