Reliance AutoMate 15 Help

AlanO

Hi, I'm working on upgrading a project from a AutoMate 15 to SLC 5/05 and I'm not sure how to interpret the ladder drawings (from '86) that I have for the AutoMate. I've read as much info about it as I could google but am still unsure about the addressing on the drawings. The contacts are labeled with numbers (12.15 11.06 6.03 1.00 etc.) any help on interpreting this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Alan

Unless the program is really long and complicated, the best thing you can probably do is just scrap the old SqD program and start from scratch in the SLC. I presume when you say you are going to upgrade from the Automate, you will replace it with the SLC. So, all the field I/O has to be taken loose and re-wired to the SLC anyway so just start over. Trying to interpret someone else’s program is a tough job at best and not knowing the language they wrote it in, just adds that much more problem. Find out what the machine has to do, get the I/O identified and then write the program! Simple huh? Well, we can help you some with it but most it will fall on you.

I may be talking out of my tail because I do not know what your system looks like. Is this a DCS system that by chance uses SLC I/O modules?

If that is correct then the I/O should still correlate to the slot positions in the rack i.e. 1.00 would be slot 1 point 0 etc.

Yeah this thing is old school. The program is not really that long, so I think I'll take your advice Randy and just scrap the automate.

Thanks for your responses guys!

AlanO,
I am pretty proficient with the Automate system. Per your last post, you said you might scrap it. If you want some more info or advice on the system, let me know.

I've already redone the program treating it like a new project, it wasn't too complicated. Thanks for your offer though.

I just graduated from penn state and started working for a controls integrator, this site is a great resource! thanks again guys