I hate Spam!

gbradley said:
I have received a couple of Spam emails from: "comments" <[email protected]> lately.
I don't know if someone is spoofing the board's email, or the board actually has a virus?
:confused:

No viruses here...

Some of the common viruses people get go through the persons address book and gather domains/addresses. They then use them as the return email address and are often automatically sent to the users in their address book.

Oh, and FrancisL, I'm frequently listed on spamcop... but I have never spammed anyone.
Everyone who sends a newsletter (that people request to receive)runs the risk of being labeled a spammer. Often the person doesn't remember requesting it and accuses the sender of sending spam. Trust me... I know.
[rant]Do you know how many people hit the 'this is spam' button on their AOL accounts?? Even for reply notifications from the forum... now how can that be spam???[/rant]
Anyway, ---in my opinion only--- Spamcop.net is junk. I filter against dsbl.org and ordb.org to catch a ton... I highly recommend both.

Enjoy,

Thanks
... Sorry about hitting the "This is Spam" button.:oops:

BTW do you no what the shortest time in the universe is?
It's the time that elapses between the moment you Hit the Yes button and you realize that you meant to hit the No Button. :)

Ok so what you do is dont open the email, right click and then click on properties, then carefully read the sender info and you'll find the origionating IP, which very likely is NOT Phils IP.

All you need to do to send a B.S. email is change your "return to" setting to whatever you like. It's as simple as using a fake return address on an envelope.