problem with step7 program ..... help

nader75

I'm new on this forum and new user on working plc
I have a problem with program step7 (seminse)
after I designed my design on the program and i try to test it by
press run button it show me this message ;

The selected device dose not exist or it's not supported
Try selecting a new device

or this message :
communication time out

so what is the solution to this problem

and thank you for help

Hello, Nader, and welcome to the forum.
First off, we need to know a little more about your problem before we can help you;
1) what Siemens platform and CPU are you using: S5, S7-200, s7-300, S7-400.
2) what software you will use to program/communicate with your CPU: Step5, Step7-Microwin, Step7; please also indicate the version of software you are using.
3) What cable/medium you are using to establish a link between your PC software and the CPU.
With this info we can probably help you out.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Nader75,

It has been awhile since I messed with Step 7.

1. Do you have the PLC simulation software installed and autorized?

2. Do you have Step 7 setup to download to PLC sim?

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head. Sorry I could not be more help.

Larry

I think you are using s7200 PLC with microwin.

This problem is a communication problem.
You need first to set the PC/PG interface from control panel. Choose the PC/PPI cable interface. From the properties screen choose address=1, timeout=30s, network transmission rate=19.2 kbps, highest address=31. From local connection choose COM1.
Goto microwin and then goto communication. Check the "search all baud rates" and double click on the icon on the upper right hand. This should work.

ok, As I told you I'm new so I'll explain what realy I need because I'm giong to confuse
I was uesing a Zen plc software(Omron)
on this program I design my circuit then I press togle start button then run button to see how my circuit work

so how can I do this on the step 7 program

and thank you for hlep

To answer your question, you must specify the family of PLC you're using (s7-200 or s7-300) or the software (step7 or MicroWin) because each program has its own settings.