Analog Inputs/outputs for SLC 500

Hello, In the past I purchased a SLC system and it came with a analog input card (1746-NI4). I haven't used it yet in one of my hobby simulators, however I'd like to incorperate it. It is a 4 Channel card. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can use this card and what devices I can use to provide the input signal? I'm not a porfessional by no means, currently I'm a Industrial Millwright Mechanic Apprentice with a passion for logic controllers. And before you say it no this is not a school or homework related question. I have my eyes open for an output card as well, so any ideas on analog outputs would be welcome as well. I'm looking for something that will help teach me the ins and outs of analog programming. If anyone also has some sample ladder logic that involes analog inputs and outputs, i would gladly add them to my binder I have that I use to store sample ladder logic and examples I save from this site.

Again thanks for letting me expresse my interest in the plc field. John
I have an SLC 1747-532 and a 1747-L40B with a two slot expansion unit.

Have a read of the manual

The NI4 card will take four differential current or voltage inputs (selectable by four DIP switches on the board)

The card will take a current input between the range -20 to +20mA

and a voltage between the range -10 to +10 vdc

Like i said read the manual its shows a few examples and shows how different voltages or currents are wired to the unit and how they are read out in the plc.